Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Home, home on the.....farm??

It has been about a month since we have been in Canada with a short trip home thrown in there. The first couple weeks went by fast. Our hunters so far have been pretty great and gracious. It is fun building relationships with people! One man even gave the kids a small tip for walking his dog, Winnie, every evening.
We are in our camper but are using a bunk house on a farm to house hunters and prepare meals. Its quite the juggle with homeschooling kids, cleaning the rooms and preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The kids absolutely love it up here. The farms are beautiful. All houses are surrounded by tree rows. This farm in particular even has an apple orchard. The kids love playing with the daughters of the farmer who are close in age. Kind of like built-in child care when I need time to cook dinner! Everyone here is so laid back and non-chalant. So far it has been pretty relaxed and sometimes I find myself quite bored. I had left a box of books in our storage unit because I didn't think I would have time to read. Booo.

The weather has been cold, rainy, and at some point we got a few inches of snow. We remain snug and cozy in the camper, however. So far, I love how fast it takes to pick up such a small space. Even the kids mentioned that it doesn't take as long. Which means less yelling from me. Imagine that.

Eventually I will add interior pictures but right now everyone is nappping and I am in desperate need of a shower. 'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment