Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Home Sweet Home

"Okay. We are doing this. Breathe. Don't look at the loan papers. Or your bank account. Ignorance is bliss....except for the one time you ran out of birth control and thought everything would be okay."

My mind often has interesting trains of thought that I rarely speak out loud. I amuse myself if no one else. I'm at the bank wiring money to the guy in Canada that we are buying our 31 foot camper with 4 slides and an outdoor kitchen from. Because I am impractical, that's why.

The next day we leave for Calgary, Alberta to pick up this beauty.

It has the space that we need for the kids but most importantly it is built to be used in all four seasons. Because of this, it's rare. And the exchange rate in Canada is awesoooome. One of the many reasons I heart Canada.

The plan is to leave it at our base-camp in Saskatchewan for when we go up there to guide hunts in the fall and then haul it back to South Dakota when our season ends. We have our camp ground picked out and there is already a full-time rv-ing family staying there.

We are a little different that full- time rv-ers because we are not travelling. We still have our jobs in South Dakota to pay our regular bills. Maybe one day we can be tumble weeds and travel. Maybe. But for now, let's see if I survive a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment